Please be sure to comment so I'll know you've visited my blog. :)

November 28, 2011

Tired of searching for recipes?

Ever get tired of searching a cookbook, website or index card stack for the perfect recipe when you don't really know what you want to cook?  I have some chicken & some uh cheese & I think there's some ketchup in the fridge... maybe some crackers.  Well this website will help you out.  I found it on Pinterest {where I've found many other things I love.  What?  You don't pinterest?  Leave me a comment & I'll send you an invite.} and it was so ingenius I had to write a blog post about it.  I should really be job hunting but this is way less depressing. 


See what had happened was...  You go down the list of items that are listed and click what you have in the fridge/pantry.  Once complete you click search and it gives you recipes based on the ingredients you have on hand.  And some recipes for dishes if you're missing a couple items.  Yeah.  Takes the work right out of trying to pick something new & exciting for your family tonight.  No more hamburger helper! (I'm sure there's a trademark there but I dont know how to add the lil "R" so well that will have to do.)  Well.. I love hamburger helper so dont let me say that.  But the holiday parties invites will be stacking up and you may ask yourself "What should I take to so & so's party?"  Well... dont freak out, don't run to the store & spend loads of cashola... just check out the links provided & half the work is already done!








FYI... There's also links on the myfridgefood.com website for coupons, a blog, submitting your Grandma's meatloaf recipe for others to share & a link to make a grocery list by clicking on the items (go to detailed list) you need.  I'm telling you.. half the work, already done for you.  We all need things to run smoother, faster & easier... why not try this! 


ps.  I am not a spokesperson for this website nor do I know anyone affiliated with it.  I just think it's awesome!

Peace,  Char

No comments:

Post a Comment